0


The Vice President-elect Leni Robredo repeated that she still doesn't agree to death penalty. But she claims that it was up to the Congress to debate and decide for it.

“From the very start, I have been very open about my position on the death penalty. I have always said I am against the death penalty,” she added

However, the iron-fisted mayor of Davao City favors it. In fact, he has expressed a lot of times his desire to see criminals hanged in public.

The incoming president's pick for the next Speaker of the House of Representatives, Davao del Norte Rep. Pantaleon Alvarez, earlied stated that he will revive death penalty as one of his legislative priorities.

On the other hand, Robredo, a former human rights lawyer, said that it will still be up to the legislature to pass a law about it. “Whether the death penalty will be revived or not, it’s up to Congress to decide. It’s not up to me or to our President. It’s better to leave it to Congress to debate. But my position does not change,”

Leni Rebredo opposes the revival of death penalty! Check this out!
Source: NewsInfo

Post a Comment

 
Top